Friday, November 19, 2010

Where did November go?

Is it seriously Thanksgiving next week? Where in the world did the month of November go? And October, September, and August?! Time has gone by so quickly these past 4 months. It's so hard to believe that this time last year, I was preparing for Ryan to deploy to Afghanistan. It doesn't seem like a year ago to me at all. Each month was a complete blur while he was gone. People ask what it's like being away from someone for that long or how the time passes.... The only way I know how to describe it is that the days went by extremely slowly but the months went by quickly. I know that doesn't make much sense when I say it but it's true. Every day seemed like a lifetime without him. Days drug on and on and on but then I'd wake up one day and it'd be April and for the life of me I couldn't believe that I had made it 4 months already. The 4 month mark is a crucial point in a deployment because you've made it over half way. It's a  great feeling. Anyways, I don't know why I'm rambling about that. Point is, I think back to this time last year and how very different things are now and it just simply blows my mind. I am so happy and unbelievably thankful for where my life is now.


Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. I think what I love most about it is how relaxing it is. To me, the holiday truly is about giving thanks and being grateful for what you have. It's the least selfish holiday, in my eyes. People aren't frantically running around trying to pick out the "perfect" gift for so-and-so or worrying if their gift is going to be good enough and all the hype that some of the other Holidays bring. It's just about being with the people you love, eating some yummy food, and taking a day to slow down and reflect on what's really important. Ryan and I were able to enjoy Thanksgiving together last year, just the two of us, and it was so nice. We made so many yummy things, the house was warm, it smelt amazing, we relaxed... just how I like it. Although we get to spend it alone again, this year will be extra special. This will be our first Thanksgiving as Husband and Wife. How exciting, right? I get to celebrate the holiday with a whole new meaning. What better way to spend my day than with the person I am most thankful for? I can't wait to cook all of the amazing foods... we had such an amazing dinner last year... I know this year will be even better! And every year after that, it will just keep getting better and better! And the best part... leftovers! Yes! I am a fan of Thanksgiving leftovers! Especially the ham (we cook ham instead of turkey)! You can cook it for breakfast, put it on sandwiches, make different kinds of soup... it's just the best! All this talk about food has got me hungry! 


Anyways. I hope that next year Ryan and I can spend Thanksgiving in Arizona... it's been a long time since I've celebrated Thanksgiving with my Dad and that makes me sad. When I think about the things I am most thankful for, he is most definitely one of the very first things that pops in my mind. I owe him all the thanks in the world because without him, I would be nowhere near the person I am today. He's the greatest. End Of Story. 


Christmas plans are still coming along. As of right now, it looks like we will be visiting Arizona and Wyoming. Pretty crazy, right? We will be doing tons of traveling within those couple of weeks hitting up 3 different states... I forgot to mention we're stopping in Colorado too. 


So, I expect December to pass by just as quickly as November did... and then it will be January and who knows what life will be life then :)I'll be sure to keep you updated though.


Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment