Monday, November 15, 2010

Celebrating 235 Years of The Marine Corps

So, we're home from the Marine Corps Ball and it feels great! I can not put into words how unbelievably tired we were once we finally got home and settled. We played a game of Skip-Bo while we were waiting for dinner to finish and between turns I was seriously having to rest my eyes... I was soo exhausted! BUT I did manage to win the game! Go Me! Ryan almost always wins and if you know me, you know I'm a sore loser so it was nice to finally win and be able to prance around the house singing the "I won Skip-Bo" song for once! I absolutely hate losing and since Ryan is very well aware of this, when he wins, he makes his victory speech a little louder, a little longer, and a little more obnoxious. We have this playful competitiveness that is pretty darn funny and definitely makes for an interesting time. Anyways! We had a pretty good time at the Ball... not all that I had expected it to be but it was still a good time. It was nice to get dressed up and feel pretty for the night. Ryan looked handsome as ever in his Dress Blues. I'm so proud of him and when he puts that uniform on, I'm filled with even more pride knowing that I have the privilege to be married to one of The Few and The Proud. It's a feeling that only a Marine Wife (and girlfriends and fiancees too!) can feel... you can't really describe being in love with a Marine and all the feelings and emotions that come with it. All I can say is that I am so amazingly proud of my husband for everything he has done. So, here are some of the pictures from our night. You can find the rest on our facebook :)

gettin' ready to head out
 k, a serious one
 Caitlin, Nicole, and Me
at the ceremony :)

And well, that's about it. Back to the grind this week. I've been spoiled with so much time with Ryan lately that I missed him before he even left for work this morning. I don't think he's had a full week of work in the past couple of weeks so this is a bummer. On a positive note though, we are still playing the powerball and every week, we have a winning ticket... not "THE" winning ticket, obviously, but "A" winning ticket so maybe the big win is around the corner... keep your fingers crossed! 

Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment