Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hello, Winter.

Brrrr! Winter is coming that is for sure! Time to pull out all of my favorite coats, scarves, hats and gloves! Last week we didn't have a single day in the 60's! It feels like fall more so than winter today though, I believe it's 68 out right now which is pretty nice. It will get cold tonight though! I hope the rest of the week stays nice too since Ryan has a super long weekend coming up for Veteran's Day (Remember to fly your flag in honor of our Veterans! This weekend is also our Marine Corps Ball so it better stay nice so my hair doesn't go nutzo and get all frizzy! I hate when that happens! Anywho!


So, my Dad and Kim left last Friday and that was a total bummer :( We had such an amazing time while they were here visiting! I wish they could have stayed much longer but we're planning on going to Arizona sometime (hopefully soon) to see them again and so Ry can meet the rest of The Fam. While he was here we did a lot of fun things! We took him to the place we got married and showed him around Beaufort. We took him to the boat house where they were currently working on 2 new boats and also to the NC Maritime Museum which was so cool! We got to see actual artifacts from Queen Anne's Revenge... The pirate Blackbeard's ship! The ship sunk right off the coast of NC back in the 1700's. It was so amazing to see such a neat part of history! They're starting up their Fall 2010 diving expeditions again and you can follow their progress on their facebook if you're interested. My geeky side totally just came out :) Anyways! So, we did that and we also went to Fort Macon... another awesome piece of history (you can look that one up on your own). We visited the NC Aquarium also and had a blast. My Dad is such a cutie... he walked up and down our beach collecting bags and bags of seashells to take back to Arizona. Like I said in a previous blog, this was his first time to the East Coast so it was like seeing a kid in a candy shop once he got to the beach. The simplest of things make him happy and I just love that about him! We ate lots of great food, played several games of cards, and spent hours and hours relaxing and just talking away. All in all, it was a fabulous time and I am so happy that my Dad and Ryan finally got the meet each other!


Hmm, what else? Nothing really so off I go :)


Stay classy,
A.Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment