Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Husband

Grrr, he's so dang cute. I love him so much. He has duty today so he's staying at the barracks over night (way gay) and I miss him already. It'll be the first night I've slept alone since he's been home from deployment and well, I think I'll try to stay awake all night so we can sleep all day together tomorrow. We'll see how well that goes... I'm about ready to pass out and I didn't even get anything accomplished that I wanted to! Anyways. So, the procrastinator that I am has yet to go and get a base pass for my car. It's really not that big of a deal since I don't go to base much and when I do, I'm with RyRy and he has one on his car. Usually it takes like 5 minutes tops to get a temp pass and I don't mind waiting. But today, I was definitely kicking myself in the ass for not getting the real deal 2 months ago. Here's what happened. I had just left Taco Bell with some lunch for Ryan and  pulled up to the gate with my temporary pass that was good through "28 Sept 2010." Every other time I came to base on the day my pass expired it was never a problem. I was allowed through the gate and knew that at the end of the day, that pass was no longer good... blah blah blah we all know that. Well today, it was a problem. The guy just stared at me until I rolled down my window and said something along the lines of, "You obviously don't know what day it is,do you?" with the smirkiest of attitudes. I laughed and said "Ya, actually it's September 28th, 2010." He proceeded to tell me that my pass was no longer good and I'd have to get a new one at the visitor center. I was already irritated that he treated me like I was from outer space, but now my husbands lunch was getting cold because he wanted to stand there and be on some power trip with his M16... dude, get real, you're not that bad ass. So anyways. I rolled my eyes so he could see and I drove off to the visitors center. Knowing I was right all along, I took the pass that I already had inside and asked them if my pass was still valid for today. They said yes and sent me on my way. So, back in my car I go, rounding the corner to see the same guy standing there.

Guy: "I told you to get a new pass"

Me: "Ya and they said that my pass was still valid and I didn't need a new one"

Guy (doing an asshole smirk/laugh): "Ya, like I believe that."

Me: "Well, that's what they said. They just handed it back to me and said I was good through midnight."

Guy: "Let me see your registration and insurance"

Me (while thinking to myself, "who do you think you are asking me for my information!? that's not your job, your job is to wave your hand as I drive by" but giving it to him anyways because I wanted to get lunch to my husband): "Oh my God..."

Guy: "Ya see your insurance card is expired."

Me: "No it's not. It says valid through Sept 2010. There are still 2 days left"

Guy: "It also could have expired yesterday."

Me (as I'm speeding off ): "Whatever, I'll call my husband."

I had done a good job and keeping it together and keeping my attitude while I was talking to the guy, but as soon as I pulled into the parking lot, I started crying and called Ryan... who of course, came to my rescue :) I was still crying when he got there but that husband of mine is a great problem solver and brought a smile to my face almost immediately. We drove through the gate and that same guy waved us through as I smiled a big smile just for him. HA! I won :) Ryan laughed at me and said that I'm so spoiled.. I sat there and frowned-smiled, because he's right. I like knowing that I have him to save me... even if it's over something silly like getting through the gate. I know he'll always have my back. He'd do anything for me, as I would for him. He makes me feel so cute sometimes. I feel giddy and excited and yes, spoiled with lots of love. It's a fun feeling and I love it. Now if only he could come home so I could give him a kiss and maybe tickle him a little... oh my husband, he's so dang cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment