Thursday, September 16, 2010

Let The Blogging Begin!

The idea of blogging has popped in my head a few times here and there... usually when I'm mad or irritated or I just plain want to bitch about something or someone without having to make anyone else listen to me... but I never really got around to it, until now! And I'm pretty darn excited to say the least. Writing has always been a good release for me. I seem to express myself more freely through writing, although I must say I'm also a pro at verbal communication... just ask my husband. Haha :) Please forgive me in advance if I talk about "The Mr." a lot. We're best friends and do basically everything together... besides two things. One is work because he's a Marine and well, I just don't have what it takes to be one of "The Few and The Proud" (but I am damn lucky to have married one) and the other is poop because that's just gross and I don't care to be a part of that. But other than that, I really do enjoy spending every minute I can with him. Anywho, 'nuff 'bout that. I also wanted to start this blog so our friends and families in a far away land (The Wonderful West Coast) could feel more "in-tune" with our life and just be able to read about some of the crazy, fun, not so fun, exciting, and boring days we have. Before I go I'll add a little about what's been going on lately...

I'm working a job here on Emerald Isle but since vacation season died down after Labor Day, unfortunately so did my hours so I've had a lot of free time lately to do not so much. As many of you know, Ryan is getting closer to his EAS date (Expiration of Active Service or something like that.) Meaning he can get out of The Marine Corps in January but we're still considering our options. Right now, he's looking at Federal jobs and has his eyes set on a couple that he'd really enjoy doing. He's also considered extending his contract and staying in the Marines for another year or so to give him some more time to apply for the MESEP program... that's the Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program... meaning he'd go to school and become an Officer in the Marine Corps. Whichever path he chooses to follow, I hope and pray that it all works out for him because he's the best and truly deserves it. A cool thing about him choosing either one of those paths is that we'll have the opportunity to go some place completely new and do something completely different and we are so looking forward to that! Washington DC is a possibility and the only down side we've decided about that is that the traffic will suck but what could be worse than Camp Lejeune traffic, ya know? So, that's an exciting possibility. Also, some places in the southwest... CA, AZ, NM, TX which would be totally bad ass because the southwest offers so many things that we both enjoy doing and so many new things that we could explore together. Wherever we go, we need to be able to take our Kayak though because that is our newest hobby and it is so much fun! I don't care if we move to Maine, Arkansas, Tennessee, Nebraska... as long as we have our life together, everything will be just perfect *Big Cheesy Grin* 

Hmm, what else is up? The Holidays are coming! I'm really excited for them this year! I'm exciting for Fall to come and the leaves to start changing colors and the air to get a little cooler... and by "a little" I mean an itsy bitsy teeny weeny little bit cooler because we absolutely hate cold weather and there is really no point in freezing your butt off every time you want to do something. But for real, fall is such a nice time of year. Stores start selling their holiday scented things that I love so much and we can start making soup and we can use the cool weather as an excuse to stay inside all day and snuggle up and watch movies. We don't ever do anything crazy for Halloween... I can't even remember the last time I actually celebrated... but there is always a different feeling on Halloween than any other day and I like it. Last year we went to a restaurant in Morehead City and ordered a pizza and Ryan accidently dumped a whole glass of beer all over it right as the waiter put it on the table. Haha. It was funny. We sat there and just laughed and enjoyed our beer soaked pizza. Oh shoot, I almost forgot another reason I like fall. MY BIRTHDAY! If you want to know, it's on October 4th. I will we the big 2-2. Twenty two. 22. Double Deuces. It's exciting. I feel like people will take me more seriously now when I say, "Hi, I'm Ann and I'm 22." That sounds much better than "Hi, I'm Ann and I'm 21" because really all they hear is "Hi, I'm Ann and since I'm finally at a legal age to drink, I do so every single night until I puke or pass out... whichever comes first." Ya know what I'm saying? Even though I've never been that girl, it will be nice to not stereotyped when telling someone my age. I do enjoy a good glass of champagne that my wonderful Dad recommended to me though. Thanks Dad!

And, that's my post for today.. we got a new dog and she's barking at Willy so I need to go rescue my balding dog... he really is going bald, it's so sad but he's so damn cute he deserves lots of kisses! Adios Amigos.

1 comment:

  1. I heart you! I am so happy you started a blog! I love reading blogs!

    ReplyDelete