Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It's been awhile.

Wow, it's been awhile since I've been on here. I've tried writing a few times and I get about half way through a post and end up deleting it. I'm not sure why I do that. Maybe I lose interest in what I'm writing about; who knows. Maybe the lack of blog posts is due to the fact that I've begun writing letters to our daughter so I am able to say what I want to there. I wanted a more personal keepsake of this pregnancy for her when she is older. My main hope in writing the letters is that she will know she was loved from the very first second we knew she was coming. I also know there are so many things I'm going to forget over the years, especially by the time she is old enough to start reading and understanding the letters, so it's also a way to document things that are significant right now. I like telling her about her Dad and how he is an amazing husband. I think it's important for her to know that she is the result of a beautiful marriage of two people who are so completely in love. I want her to know who Ryan and I were before we were "Mom & Dad." I really just hope that some day she will enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them to her. Speaking of our little girl, she is doing great. I am now 26 weeks and 4 days into my pregnancy. Time seems to fly by some days (the good days) and drag on other (bad) days. I know that January will come pretty quickly though, especially with the Holidays coming up. In two days we will be exactly three months from her due date of January 14th. Three months! I can't hardly believe it. I am so anxious to meet her. Thinking about holding her for the first time makes me cry already. I can't wait to hold her little hands and kiss her sweet little face. I know when I see Ryan hold her for the first time my heart will fill with more love than I've probably ever felt. He is going to be such a wonderful Dad. Well, on to something else before I cry my eyes out all day.

My brothers' R&R from Afghanistan was really nice. He spent two weeks here with us and it was so nice having him home. It's funny how things all fall perfectly into place, like he had never even left. He's back in Afghanistan again though until February. Send thoughts and prayers out that way. He and all of our troops can really use them. Ryan's mom also came to visit us this past week and we had a really good time. We took her all over the place and showed her some of our favorite spots in Arizona. The weather could have been a little nicer, but it was just nice having her here! 

Oh, and before I get going... Ryan and I chose a name for our little girl :) We are not revealing it until the baby shower though so sometime after that I will come back and "introduce" her to you! We think it's a beautiful and classy name and I think it suits her perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment