Friday, September 9, 2011

Do Better

I don't pray every day. I don't know why I don't when it makes me feel so good. I find myself praying usually when I'm afraid or sad or need something and this makes me feel guilty. I do find myself thinking of The Lord often though and I most certainly am always a believer in Him.

Awhile ago I found myself praying when I was angry. This is something I have never, ever done before. I prayed for strength. Strength to understand. Strength to be the better person. Strength for the ability to forgive. Strength to have sympathy. I didn't expect to open my eyes and suddenly feel this wave of relief. I know sometimes our prayers are answered in strange ways. But this time, I wish it would have happened immediately. I don't like being angry at people but I am. Angry at their stupidity. Angry at their pure selfishness. I don't think I will ever understand some people and the decisions they make no matter how many times I pray for it. I don't think I can be sympathetic for those who have dug themselves into a hole and tried nothing to get themselves out. They just keep digging, knowing they're getting deeper and deeper... Never changing their actions to better the situation. I can't understand that and I don't feel sorry for those people. Does that make me a bad person? I don't think so. Does that make me a mean person? I don't think so.

I know there are different circumstances in everyone's life that affect them in different ways. I know times aren't always easy but nobody ever said life would be easy either. If you expected it to be that way, that is your own fault. There are twists and turns in every persons life. Struggles that every person has to overcome. It is HOW you deal with these curve balls that determine the outcome. It's HOW you deal with these curve balls that pave paths for your future. If you just stand there and don't "dodge the ball" you better be prepared to face the consequences. You have the opportunity to take a swing or to catch the ball. You have the opportunity to even step aside, think for a minute, and plan for the next ball to come. If you're going to stand in the batting cages and let every ball that is pitched hit you in the face, that is your own fault. Take the initiative and do better for yourself. You can't expect that things will change on their own because they wont. YOU must be the change you wish to see in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment