Friday, August 19, 2011

Emotional

I would say for the most part I do good but some days, my emotions come out of the middle of nowhere and hit me like a ton of bricks... like just now. My brother was just tagged in some pictures on FB from way back in the day, like when he was in HS so over 10 years ago. I don't know why but it made me so unbelievably sad. Party because I miss him so much and partly because I know we're all grown up now and I just wish we could be little again. My brother and I have always been super close so being away from him has always been tough on me. He joined the Marines when I was in 7th or 8th grade and he's been all over the country and around the world several times since then. Right now he is currently in Afghanistan on his 5th deployment and I'm just ready for him to come home and get out of the Marines or get into a non-deployable job. Most of you know that we lived together in North Carolina for over 2 years and that was such an amazing fun time. It was awesome being able to be adults and live together and have such a close relationship with your sibling! You don't often get to do that when you're "grown-up" but we did for awhile and it was great. Now, Ryan and I are in AZ and Charly is in Afghanistan and will go back to NC once he comes home and I just hope that someday we can all live close by again. I am so thankful that Ryan and I have been able to make such a strong connection and close relationship with my family. I knew they would all love him and accept him but he just fits in so perfectly and it well, it's just so perfect. Charly and Ryan are best of buddies and I love that they have eachother! They consider eachother brothers and to me, that is so special. Anyways. I just really miss my brother. We all do and we can't wait for him to come him. I hope he knows how proud of him everyone is. We love you Char!

Charly in Afghanistan

My first hug with Charly after he came home from his 4th deployment

Me and Charly when we were little :) What a good big bro!!

Ryan on the left, Charly on the right. Studs!

No comments:

Post a Comment